Spicy and Sweet Red Beans and Rice
- 1 lb. Camellia Red Beans, soaked overnight
- 1 lb. Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb. yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 lb. green bellpepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon, dried sage
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- 1 tablespoon of Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper-to taste
- To soak beans: Cover beans in water by at least an inch and soak overnight.
- In a large dutch oven, brown sausage in canola oil.
- Add Zydeco Chop Chop and continue sautéing for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour beans and water into pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add sage, bay leaves, Barbecue Rub, and Cajun Seasoning.
- Simmer beans until soft. (Should take 1 1/2 -2 hours)
- When beans are soft, mash about a cup of beans against the side of pot using the back of a spoon.
- Stir in green onions and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve over white rice with a dash of hot sauce and enjoy!