Spicy and Sweet Boiled Peanuts
- 1½ cups salt, more to taste
- 2 lbs raw or green peanuts, in shell
- 5 oz Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- If using raw peanuts, allow to soak overnight. If using green peanuts, soaking overnight is not necessary.
- In a small pot pour enough water over peanuts so that they are covered.
- Bring to boil, then add salt and rub. Reduce to simmer and cover for 6 hours or until very soft.
- Reserve a small amount of cooking liquid to store with peanuts.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate.