Potato-Parsnip Au Gratin
- 3 potatoes, ¼” rounds
- 3 parsnips, ¼” rounds
- 1 whole leek, sliced into half-rounds
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 cups manchego cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Jay D’s Louisiana Molasses Mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a small skillet, sauté leeks and garlic until fragrant.
- Put one layer of potatoes around the bottom of cast iron skillet.
- Then pour ¼ cup of heavy cream over potatoes.
- Next, sprinkle small handful of leek/garlic mixture and 1 cup of manchego cheese over potatoes.
- Place another layer of parsnips on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle another small handful of leeks and 1 cup of manchego cheese over parsnips.
- Pour the other ½ cup of heavy cream on top of parsnip layer.
- Make another potato layer, then sprinkle leeks/garlic and ½ cup of Manchego cheese on top.
- Take the Molasses Mustard and drizzle on top, then sprinkle remaining leeks/garlic and ½ cup of gruyere cheese.
- Press down on the au gratin so that all of the layers are compacted.
- Cover skillet with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take foil off and continue baking until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before chowing down.