Oven Roasted BBQ Butter Turkey Breast
- 2 whole bone-in turkey breasts
- 2 quarts of brine (recipe below)
- 1 cup BBQ Butter (recipe below)
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs paprika
- 2 Tbs chile powder
- 2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
For Barbecue Butter
- ½ lb unsalted butter
- ½ cup Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- Place water in a small sauce pot and heat to simmer.
- Whisk in salt, sugar and spices allowing them to dissolve, then turn off heat.
- Transfer cooled brine to bowl or zip lock bag
- Add turkey breast, making sure to completely cover, and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Remove turkey from brine and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle both sides with Jay D's Spicy & Sweet Rub and place the turkey breast skin side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours, while basting with the BBQ butter every 15-20 minutes.
- Turkey is ready when the skin is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer registers at 165 F when inserted into the thickest and meatiest area of the breast.
- If the skin starts to over-brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to finish cooking.
- Once the turkey is done, transfer to a platter, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing diagonally on the bias.
- Serve with the pan juices from the bottom of the roasting pan.
For Barbecue Butter:
Combine butter & rub in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Once melted, stir and reduce to simmer.