Molasses Mustard Hollandaise
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, melted until foamy, foam skimmed
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice.
- 2 Tbsp Jay D’s Louisiana Molasses Mustard
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- In a saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. In a stainless steel bowl, whisk egg yolks over hot the water bath.
- Using a small ladle, slowly pour a thin stream of butter into egg yolks while whisking continuously.
- Keep butter warm (not hot) during process.
- Add lemon juice after the third ladle of butter is whisked into egg yolks.
- After all butter is added, add Molasses Mustard, hot sauce and kosher salt to taste.
- Whisk until uniform color.