Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub Popcorn
- Enough canola, vegetable, grape see, sunflower or coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pot
- 1/2 cup raw corn kernels
- Large pinch of salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- In a small saucepan, combine unsalted butter and 2 Tbsp. of Jay D's Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub on medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, stir and reduce heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepot or Dutch oven (about 4 quarts or larger), set heat to medium high, add the kernels to the pot and coat the bottom with your choice of oil and put the lid on the pot (the bag of kernels will give you different instructions, but trust us, this works better).
- When the kernels start to pop, shake/shuffle the pot on the burner until the popping starts to subside (about 1-2 seconds between pops).
- Remove pot from heat and pour corn into a large bowl.
- Immediately toss with Jay D's Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub melted butter and dust with remaining 2 Tbsp. of Jay D's Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub and enjoy!