2 salmon fillets, boneless, skin-off
½ onion, small diced
2 Tbs fresh garlic, minced
1 Tbs avocado oil
2 cups seasoned panko breadcrumbs
1 cup all purpose flour
2 hamburger buns
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat, add avocado oil and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add fillets to the pan and cook salmon on both sides until cooked through and starting to flake (about 10 minutes).
- Put salmon, onions and garlic in a bowl and let cool.
- Add one egg and ½ cup of breadcrumbs to the bowl and form into patties. (If patties don’t form, add more breadcrumbs until they stay together.)
- You’ll need flour in a shallow dish, another dish with the beaten egg and one additional shallow dish for panko.
- Dredge patties lightly in flour, shaking off the excess.
- One by one, dip in the beaten egg, coating completely and then roll in panko to coat.
- Fry at 350F until golden brown.
- Build burgers with garnishes and aïoli and enjoy!