Heat a medium-large pot on medium-high heat, add the butter and allow it to melt. Add onions and jalapeños to cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions become translucent. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in BBQ sauce and roasted garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cream and allow the mixture come up to a simmer. Add the cheddar cheese 1/2 cup at a time, whisking continuously. Whisk until all the cheese has melted completely into the sauce.
- 1 lb crawfish, cooked from favorite boil
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- Barbecue Queso (see recipe below)
- ½ cup red onions, diced
- ¼ cup jalapeños, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Sour cream (optional)
- 2 onions, julienned
- 2 jalapeños, minced
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Place one layer of chips on a serving tray
- Ladle half of the queso over the chips and place more chips over the queso.
- Top the second layer of chips with more queso and scatter the crawfish tails around the nachos.
- In small mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Top the nachos with the vegetable mixture and sour cream if desired.
For the Barbecue Queso: