4 cups chicken stock
4 cups whole milk
2 cups stone-ground yellow grits
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces unsalted butter
3 pounds peeled and deveined gulf shrimp (21/25 ct)
6 tablespoons Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
1/4 cup canola oil
1 bunch scallions, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven, bring the chicken stock, milk, and a pinch of salt up to a boil.
- Whisk in the grits and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 30 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the shrimp with Jay D’s Spicy and Sweet Rub which can be found in our shop.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the canola oil to medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side, or until they’re opaque in the center.
- Serve the shrimp over the grits and garnish with the chopped scallions.