Banh Mi Burger
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ cup green onion
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- ¼ cup panko
Cilantro Yogurt Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
Asian BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1½ Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3½ Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut ribbons of carrot and cucumber.
- Thinly slice the jalapeños.
- Put carrots, cucumbers, and jalapenos in separate containers.
- In a saucepan combine water, rice wine vinegar and sugar over medium heat.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, pour brine into each container until vegetables are submerged.
- Keep covered and refrigerated overnight.
- Season pork and form 4 patties using recipe above.
- Sear on each side until golden brown and cook for 4-6 minutes total.
For the Asian BBQ Sauce:
Combine all ingredients and simmer for 15 min.
Top patty with BBQ sauce. Toast bun, add cilantro yogurt on both sides, and top patty with pickled vegetables.