1 Artisanal loaf, you’ll need 2 slices per sandwich
½ cup of Arugula
2 slices of bacon
1 heirloom tomato, sliced
1 Tbsp of Jay D’s Louisiana Molasses Mustard
2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper put down your slices of bread and drizzle with 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (saving the remaining 1 Tbsp for the egg), then pop it in the oven for 6-8 mins or until it starts to develop a little bit of brown around the crust.
- While the bread is in the oven, cook bacon to desired crispiness and set aside.
- Next, combine the molasses mustard and mayo and set aside.
- Get 2 slices of the toasted bread and spread the molasses mustard/mayo mixture on the each slice, add arugula, 2 slices of tomato and bacon.
- Then, in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, crack the egg in the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes until the whites look almost done, but still a little runny
- With a spatula, flip your egg and let it continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes and add it on top of the bacon.
- Put it all together and there you have it!