Black drum 5-7 oz filets, 4 each
1 cup of Jay D's Asian Barbecue Sauce
1 lb squash, sliced
Red onion, julienned 1 each
½ lb Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
½ cup Cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp Sesame oil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 tsp Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub
- Preheat a non-stick skillet n medium high heat.
- Season each filet with ½ tsp of Jay D's Sweet & Spicy BBQ Rub.
- Place filet in the skillet and sear for 2 to 3 minutes until the fish is ⅔ of the way cooked.
- Flip fish and finish cooking.
- Remove fish from skillet and return pan to stove.
- Place sesame oil in the skillet, and once it starts to smoke, add red onions and squash.
- Don’t move vegetables for 1 to 2 minutes to allow them to brown.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté them for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate vegetables with fish filets on top and finish with Asian BBQ sauce and chopped cilantro.