Chocolate Chile Truffles
(Raw, Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½-1 tsp Jay D’s Sweet & Savory Chile Rub
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted (soak in warm water 10 minutes if dried out)
- 1 ¼ cups dairy free dark chocolate (chopped roughly)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Topping: ¼ cup cacao nibs, walnuts and/or sea salt for topping
- Place cashews and walnuts into food processor and pulse until a meal consistency, set aside in a different dish.
- Place dates into processor and pulse until small clumps/small balls start to form.
- Add in cacao powder, Jay D’s Coffee Chile Rub, and half of the nut meal.
- Pulse and continue to add in small amounts of nut meal until a loose/soft dough starts to form. (You may not need to use all of the nuts, can use left overs for toppings.)
- Once dough is easy to form, scoop out 1 Tbsp and roll into balls. If they are not holding together well, hold and press the dough into palm and heat for a few seconds.
- Approximately 14 balls should form, place these on parchment paper and place in freezer to chill.
- While these are chilling, melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave in 30 second increments.
- Once melted, stir in coconut oil to help the dipping process.
- Take the chilled dough out of the freezer and dip each ball and place back onto parchment paper.
- Once all are dipped, top with excess nuts, cacao nibs or sea salt.
Let sit out at room temperature before diving in! Store at room temperature in airtight container. (For long term storage, use freezer.)